Monday, April 09, 2007

the struggle for spring



We woke up yesterday morning, on Easter Sunday, to a frosty "Narnialand!"

It was actually really beautiful... the city was adorned with sparkling white branches, leaves, and blades of grass... almost as though the Lord was reminding us that no matter what the calendar may say, He is in control of all creation!

And as I observed the little shoots of spring fighting for their existence under the persistence of the frost, it caused me to wonder..... how often do I ask the Lord to hurry up and bring me into the next "season" of my life? Sometimes I feel as though I'm in the midst of my own personal "struggle for spring". The winter season can tend to feel long.... and bitterly cold.... and barren... and I grow tired of waiting more quickly than I'd like to admit.

I long for new growth. But in my desire to grow, I often resent the frost.

So thanks for the visual aide, Lord. Thanks for the frost, reminding me that You are the creator and the author of every season of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Melissa, this is great. What a good persective. And awesome pictures!