Thursday, June 07, 2007

His glorious riches

I was reminded today how much God enjoys meeting our needs.....

Thursdays are trash days in my neighborhood.... And after backing out of my driveway this morning, I realized I had forgotten to set my garbage can out for pick up. As I dashed back into the garage, I noticed that my neighbors across the street had a suitcase in their trash pile.

Hmm.... that could come in handy....

I spontaneously grabbed the discarded luggage and hauled it into my trunk, knowing that we would be packing all our Kenya supplies tonight.... and chances were, someone might have forgotten to bring an extra bag.

When I walked into our Kenya meeting lugging the extra suitcase, it quickly became apparent why God had directed my attention to the trash heap this morning.... We are taking three computers with us to Kenya, packed securely in suitcases so they can be checked on the plane.... and we were one suitcase short.

Until that moment.

And after a bit of zipper-wrangling, Pastor Isam was able to accomplish the goal!

A perfect fit. Because we have a perfect God, who perfectly meets our needs, according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 4:19)

And sometimes, He uses a trash heap.

2 comments:

Becky said...

That's such a cool story, Meliss! We serve a cool God.

Anissa Meyer said...

beautifully written.